Canine Assisted Therapy, Inc., volunteers are well-educated in providing pet therapy services, and many are “dog experts.” We encourage our members to participate in continuing education courses to ensure they are equipped with the best and most up-to-date training techniques and information available. These courses are typically free of charge for C.A.T. volunteers or priced at a nominal fee for more extensive trainings. Most courses are open to the public as well. All of our educational offerings are designed to help you to better understand your dog and the people served by our pet therapy services.
Examples of ongoing education include:
- PetTech CPR, First Aid & Care For Your Pets: Learning vital skills to improve the quality of and save your pet’s life
- Reading Dog Body Language: Learning to recognize your dog’s emotional state and intentions
- Introduction to Working with Children with Special Needs: Learning how to facilitate social and play skills with special needs’ children
- Animal Energy Balancing Workshop: Learning to enhance the quality of life for animals with healing touch
- Introduction to Disaster & Crisis Response: Training your dog to provide safe and compassionate support for those in crisis
- Understanding Canine Support in the Hospice and Grief Settings: Training for you and your dog to understand the nature and types of support needed in end-of-life and grief settings
We are continually adding new classes and training opportunities. Please subscribe to our email list from the home page to receive our email newsletter, the Paw Street Journal, or check the Calendar regularly.