Other Ways to Give
Canine Assisted Therapy, is a volunteer-driven organization that relies on many individuals for their time, talent, and financial support. In addition to volunteering and donating, please consider these additional opportunities to support our mission:
Leave a Legacy
Through a bequest to Canine Assisted Therapy, you can support our vital programs and activities while also reducing your personal estate taxes. For more information, consult your attorney and use the following language to leave a gift in your will or living trust to C.A.T.
“I give and bequeath unto Canine Assisted Therapy, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, with its principal office in Oakland Park, Florida, the sum of $____________ to be used for its general charitable purposes.”
If you do not wish to specify an amount, you may use a residuary bequest that is stated as a percentage of your estate.
Help encourage your employer and colleagues to get involved in Corporate Giving:
- Schedule a PAWS for a Cause corporate activity.
- Double the impact of a donation and incentivize employee giving through corporate matching gift programs. Ask your human resources department for opportunities.
- Give through the United Way. You can designate Canine Assisted Therapy, as a write-in on your United Way pledge card.
- Host employee fundraisers such as a holiday giving tree, casual dress days, bake sales, Donations at the Door office parties.
- Coordinate a third-party fundraising event such a golf tournament, 5K race, or wine-tasting event.
- Turn your annual employee event such as the summer picnic or holiday party into a fundraiser for C.A.T.
- Sponsor one of C.A.T.’s special events through a corporate gift or in-kind contribution of products or services for the auction.
Belong to a Club or Association? You can adopt C.A.T. as your charity of choice for a one-time event or an entire campaign. Check out the fun we’ve had in 2015 with the Lauderdale Small Boat Club.
AmazonSmile – online shoppers visit AmazonSmile and choose Canine Assisted Therapy as your charity of choice. “AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization.”
- Goodshop – visit Goodshop the next time you go online shopping and select Canine Assisted Therapy as the “cause” you wish to support. Goodshop is “an online shopping mall that donates a percent of your purchase price to your cause when you shop at one of 3,000+ partner stores including top retailers like Amazon (1.5% donation), Expedia (up to 5% donation), and Staples (2.5% donation). You can also find 25,000+ active discounts and money-saving coupons so you can save money and give back at the same time!”
- Goodsearch – search the web via Goodsearch, select Canine Assisted Therapy as the cause you wish to support, and watch your contributions add up! Goodsearch will “donate about a penny for nearly all searches to your selected cause,” Canine Assisted Therapy.
For more information regarding ways to help, please call our office at 954-990-5175 or complete the Contact Us Form, and we will be happy to work with you to customize your volunteer or financial contribution.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION CH31028 AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION FOR THE ORGANIZATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE SATE OF FLORIDA – 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) OR OUT-OF-STATE- (850) 488-2221. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE OF FLORIDA.